1. Global Recognition:
ACCA is truly global, the body is recognized in 180 countries with 98 global accounting partnerships, 8500 approved employers, 200,000 members, and 550,000 students across the world.
2. High Flexibility:
Unlike other career pathways, ACCA is highly flexible when it comes to entry requirements and study options. ACCA can be pursued by candidates who have completed the A-Level qualification. Other equivalent qualifications are also acceptable.
Candidates have the freedom to complete the ACCA qualification in 10 years from the date of registration.
3. Additional Program and Certifications:
Candidates who complete certain exams along with the ACCA program can obtain additional qualifications and certifications such as:
• BSc from Oxford Brookes University
• MSc from University of London
• MBA from Oxford Brookes University
• Diploma in Accounting and Business
• Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business
• Certified Accounting Technician (CAT)
4. Joint Examination Scheme:
ACCA has 14 Joint Examination partnerships globally, where ACCA works with national Professional Accountancy Organizations (PAO). Under these partnerships, students that register with both partner PAOs (ACCA and national partner) can simultaneously acquire qualifications of both membership bodies.
E.g., UAE AAA, ICPAC, SOEL, ICAJ, MIA etc
5. Strategic Partnership:
ACCA has signed a long-term strategic partnership agreement with:
• UAE AAA (Accountants and Auditors Association)
• CA ANZ (Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand)
• ICPAB (CPA Bulgaria)
• HKICPA (Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
• MICPA (Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants)
And other societies where eligible ACCA members can obtain membership in professional bodies.
6. High Demand Among Global Employers:
Employers look for accountancy professionals who can understand the financial needs of the organization. ACCA incorporates an array of skills and competencies that individuals can learn from. The syllabus covers a broad range of topics that include law, taxation, audit, financial reporting, management accounting, and ethics. This increases the demand for ACCA members and improves their career prospects.